Ebay prchase and my delivery address

I've had one problem in the last year or so and it was nothing to do with the form of payment. I opted to collect from my local shop which is a regular ebay collection point. The seller (new) opted to omit the code that the shop has to enter so that I get a notification the item is ready to collect - he "thought it was just gobbledygook that the computer had created in error". All sorted but pain!

Reply to
Graham Harrison

They don't now pass on your email address onto the seller, but you can add contact details of your choosing in a message once you've won the item.

It has always been possible to pass any message, such as a receipt as a photo.

Reply to
Fredxx

I don't have a valid card on my eBay account so always pay with PayPal

Reply to
Fredxx

E-Bay changed the system to conform to some legislation so all payments (except cash on collection) go through E-Bay. So whilst you can still pay by PayPal you now pay E-Bay not the vendor.

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

Ah - right. I've bought a few things recently and all PayPal. So is it the seller who chooses not to make it available?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

These days E-Bay no longer owns PayPal so discourages its use. If the seller wants to offer Pay Pal they have to now "opt-in" when listing the item so its more work.

If they do allow it, the money does not go to their PayPal account, but to E-Bays pay-pal account. I just bought some soldering iron sponges to check. The e-mail from PayPal says:-

========================================================================== You authorised a payment of £1.49 GBP to eBay Commerce UK Ltd

Your money will be transferred when the seller processes your payment.

Thanks for using PayPal. To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account. =========================================================================

So paying by PayPal does not pass your e-mail address to the vendor...

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

When the seller generates a packing note or invoice, the seller sees your phone number and email address which get printed on the invoice/delivery note. The advantage of using the eBay messaging system rather than email is that the messages cant end up in SPAM or email blackholes .

Reply to
Robert

Oh yes they can! :-)

I monitor my *E-Mail* quite carefully and regularly, I certainly avoid the awful eBay messaging system as far as I am able. The eMail notifications I get from eBay about messages on eBay quite regularly get flagged as spam. Fortunately I don't get a lot of spam so it's not redirected to a junk folder and so I do get to see them.

Reply to
Chris Green

I meant to emphasise that while ebay emails and emails direct from buyers might end up in SPAM, the ebay messaging system doesnt. An active seller should be monitoring the eBay messaging system .

Reply to
Robert

These days? The split occurred many years ago.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News