Earth in garage

I'm intrigued to know why a bare copper wire attached to the fuse box (which is grounded to the metal cable casing) encircles my garage. The wire is nailed to the timber roof joists.

A previous owner built the garage and the only clue I have as to the age of the wiring job is the price on the back of the wooden switch batten ~ 2s 4d.

I intend rewiring the lighting circuit as it's only twin core and the switches are the old round bakalite ones and not ideally placed now I've bricked up one of the doors. Mains is okay.

Reply to
anon

Protection from mind control rays.

You are wearing your tinfoil hat aren'tyou?

Reply to
dom

Might have been a CBer trying to get a ground plane for an aerial.

There were some weird and wonderful ideas around for increasing propagation.

Just an idea.

Reply to
EricP

Sounds appropriate, somewhere in the garage on one of the bricks is drawn an electrical symbol - transformer I think.

Reply to
anon

A good ground for an aerial is not weird or wonderful, just plain good physics.

Dave

Reply to
gort