Dysons

That's all you need ona DC04 to remove the floor plate, blockages are accessed by the bits that just unclip. Taking the belt of the beater bar is not a normal requirement for clearing blockages.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That's not what they say at hospital causualty deparments, looking at rectal damage ;-) Maybe it's the smiley face that attracks certain types of users.

they can't even get the make right.

So I now know why people buy Henrys.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Huge wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

No! Sebo and Miele fans are more obsessive.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@srv1.howhill.co.uk:

DerbyBorn

If those are your only criteria then this should be right up your street.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Anyone who obsesses about vacuum cleaners is obsessive.

Reply to
Huge

Tim+ wrote in news:207809154425311512.342703timdownie2003- nospampleaseyahoo.co.uk@news. eternal-september.org:

For a versatile machine that sucks well and can be used for many tasks then I would have a Henry.

For regular carpet cleaning and general house cleaning then I prefer a Dyson.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Fixed your post

Presumably by its undercarriage.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Lovely!

Reply to
Capitol

One can only suppose the 'ozone emission problem' of his early secret research to develop the atmospheric version of the MHD drive must have been a real show stopper.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Well, I quite like my Dyson but have never owned an Apple.

Though there are rumours afoot I might soon be working for them, takeover...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Anyone who obsesses about _anything_at_all_ is obsessive. What's your point?

Reply to
Johny B Good

I owned a Dyson - hated the plastic crappy thing and I'll admit to being a bit of an Apple fan :-)

Got shot of the Dyson, and replaced it with a Miele (I know, I know...)

intriguing... who might that be then (I assume you can't say)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

The Dyson is fine, had to suffer using an apple something when house sitting for my sister...

Seems like there is very little, if any, overlap.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

ROFL!

Some Manx cats have very short tails; used to have one like that, but I don't think the purists consider them "proper".

Reply to
newshound

Yes there is; I have both. I like stuff that works and keeps on working.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Much prefer my Earlex. We did aquire a Henry but for normal household cleaning it wasn't as good as the DC04, for DIY the Earlex does wet and dry, bigger capacity, more suck, reuseable cartridge filter, power outlet so it switches on/off with connected appliance, tool storage, half the cost...

I prefer something that works, currently a Dyson DC04 that is getting on for 15 years old and at that age has out lived, and out performs, any other vacuum we've had. It was bought before any of the other makers had cyclone based vacuums in their ranges.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks to all. I tried all the suggestions, suction sound, free running brush bar but could find nothing amiss so iot's off to Argos...

Thanks

Reply to
Jb