Dyson & Other Bagless Cleaners

I asked this question in another thread but no one responded so here it is again.

I was wondering if any of the other bagless cleaners on the market were as good, if not better in performance, design and construction that the Dyson.

Your thoughts appreciated.

-- troubleinstore

troubleinstore

When our stupid Dyson packed up, and I tried to fix it (and gave up), we went to Currys and bought an LG upright bagless machine (Model No. V-U8Q70NBJ).

I think it's brilliant. It's lighter and more manouverable, and the suction is excellent.

What's more, it doesn't look like its made from Lego!

This was 18 months ago - don't know if this particular model is still available, though.

Reply to
Chris Kaley

When our stupid Dyson packed up, and I tried to fix it (and gave up), we went to Currys and bought an LG upright bagless machine (Model No. V-U8Q70NBJ).

I think it's brilliant. It's lighter and more manouverable, and the suction is excellent.

What's more, it doesn't look like its made from Lego!

This was 18 months ago - don't know if this particular model is still available, though.

Chris (Second reply - don't think first one made it....)

Reply to
Chris Kaley

Dunno how it compares with a Dyson, but we have a Panasonic. Wouldn't buy it again given the choice due to a number of those "small but irritating" niggles. Apart from the fact that the on/off switch is on the side and is really easy to knock when you don't want to, the filter wiper gets clogged real easy ... you have to empty the tank fairly frequently in order to avoid the whole thing getting blocked up and necessitating a slightly messier emptying session. I reckon on emptying the tank three times in one full house hoovering session.

Good grief, I can't believe I typed all that ... I REALLY must get out more!

Reply to
Malcolm Hackett

be aware a lot of bagless cleaners are not cyclone, but just a fixed cloth filter. Its better than paper bags, but does not compare to a cyclone.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton