Dwarf jems

So why can't they just call Midget jems Dwarf jems...or would the woke still complain ?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Just display them on a high shelf. Problem solved:-)

Anon

Reply to
Mike Rogers

Terms are a tough one, We have dwarfism as a term, but its been decided that even this is no use. I have worked with small people and it is a hassle for them. Most are sensible though and are happy to use any term as long as it was not meant in a derogatory way. I think its a bit like the word Blind. I was blind to that means I was ignorant to that, which really makes the word used in that way suggest all blind people are ignorant etc.

I used to have a model motor called mighty midget and there was of course the hit, Bridget the Midget and the MG Midget, or even as I recall a wrestler with midget in his name Its just as well Disney did not make Snow White and the 7 Midgets.

There are already issues over the Disney film Song of the South, due to non black actors blacking up and the way the life of Uncle Remus was sanitised.

Then there is Carousel and the Black and white Minstrel show. Does anyone remember that CSI where there was a small persons convention in Las Vegas? They presented dwarfism in a very good light, and without any kind of annoying stereotyping I thought. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

f*ck nothing wrong in calling a spade a spade...too many hury feeling about....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

All because of a now smug little person.

M&S should have changed the sweets to blackcurrent flavour only and renamed as Pygmy Gums, but I guess colour wise Pygmy Lips would seem more accurate.

Not good news for MG Midget owners. ;)

Reply to
Richard

Indeed. A friend of mine is hiding his lest it be rolled over and into the nearby river whilst the perpetrators are confident of being cleared by jury.

Mini will no doubt become a target in due course as terms for small run through the lexicon.

There's lots of offence to be found everywhere if one chooses to. I think we (this group) should vote on some terms to object against.

Reply to
AnthonyL

the woke will think it is now OK to smash up your MG Midget ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Bang go dwarf beans as well.

"Snowperson of colour and the seven persons of restricted growth..."

As a white person I find that adverts claiming to wash 'whiter than white' are racist hate speech,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Blackface in "Carousel"?

I don't remember that, and I have seen it as recently as Christmas.

Reply to
JNugent

Well, here's another win for stupidity...

Those lucky pilots will feel really cool flying their spongy moths.

Reply to
Richard

what about all those aeroplanes ? ...

Reply to