Duracell Industrial Batteries

There's a site that has tested cells (can't unforget which site atm) and, although not right at the top but almost, Ikea did very well. Usually long-dated and are £1.50/10 in AA and AAA. The rechargeable ones have reasonable capacities and are good prices; labelled as "ready to use" so could be lsd NiMh.

Reply to
PeterC

Not sure that makes sense!

Take one of your links below:

That shows Energiser standard doing about 1800mAh, and VARTA HE Alkaline doing say 2250mAh.

Adding results from more brands will not make that range get any smaller

- it might even make it wider.

Agreed, but we are talking total capacity not price or price per mAh.

Reply to
John Rumm

The more brands you release, each marketed differently, the more market share you get.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

at Toolstation and was wondering how they compared to the normal gold tops and ultras available retail. They were certainly cheaper than their retail variants but how do they compare power and duration wise?

most cases. The well advertised brands are not exceptions.

It means most brands are very similar. I cba to describe the chart, anyone can see it.

Reply to
tabbypurr

The last battery I had that leaked was Kodak.

Reply to
Scott

Could the cheaper ones be made in China? Could there be some arrangement with the EU to make the consumer ones in the EU? Sure I've seen OEM ones made in China. It would certainly make no sense to ship batteries from Belgium to China to be packaged with electronic goods for return to the EU market.

Reply to
Scott

For this taken to extreme:

(for Brian's benefit, 65 phone company brands, all run by the same outfit. The websites are all clones, with slightly different names/graphics. The prices of each brand to call each of the different destinations in the world vary daily. Hence the uber-spreadsheet to find the best deal)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Which (of course) aren't made by Kodak. They are "made under licence" by Strand Europe Ltd.

Dunno if the licence includes any conditions about quality.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

All those years ago when I was a youngster, batteries seemed to cost a fortune and a chance of free batteries would have seemed like a dream come true.

It was mostly EverReady back then. Duracells were unaffordably upmarket.

Reply to
pamela

Kodak entered the battery market by selling Matsushita batteries. Despite the misleading name, I think Strand Europe is now responsible for supplying all Kodak batteries wordwide.

Reply to
pamela

If you consider a 20% difference in capacity "very similar"...

Yup, it shows a 50% increase in mWh moving from a Sony Alkaline to the Energiser Industrial Alkaline on the high drain test.

Reply to
John Rumm

I once got some cheapo 9v JCB alkalines at Halfords but they didn't last too long. "Which" magazine did a battery commparison earlier in the year and concluded you get what you pay for, higher price gives higher capacity, though falls a bit short of pro rata.

Reply to
therustyone

t Toolstation and was wondering how they compared to the normal gold tops a nd ultras available retail. They were certainly cheaper than their retail v ariants but how do they compare power and duration wise?

Then that's how it will be done. It's about profit nothing more.

Reply to
whisky-dave

If they really concluded that then it's about par for the course with Which - just rubbish.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Your last link points to an interesting report by Varta. Perhaps a far too much data but still some interesting points. Thanks.

Reply to
pamela