Industrial accident

We had an accident at work today. One of my maintenance guys was working on a machine and, even though he was wearing a T-shirt, caught his nipple ring on a bolt head and tore the ring out. I understand he has pictures on his Facebook page.

I just want to be sure you guys with nipple rings are taking proper precautions and wear protective covers. I'm going to give him the tops of jelly jars and a roll of duct tape.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'll be sure to take mine off during questionable operations... ;~O

Reply to
Leon

I best be careful with that M10 bolt then.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:ysudnbsoa9r-unXQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I knew I was saving that jelly jar cover for something ...

Wait, I don't like body piercings ...

Reply to
Han

Please don't tell us about the next one. (It might be a glans ring, so don't tell us your safety mechanism for that, either, _especially_ if it mentions duct tape.)

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I really have no objection to anybody with piercings, long hair, tattoos, etc. But when you start to work around machinery, they can be problematic, to say the least. I always prized safety over fashion. Or fitting in with a bunch of folks who don't know what work is. Or safety.

Reminds me of that Jeff Foxworthy story about the guy who picked up a "dead" beaver. It woke up and bit his nipple off. Soooo...., you might be a redneck if a beaver bites off your nipple. What does it make you if you have a nipple ripped off/open from a big machine? Somehow, I think it fits in the same category as the beaver guy.

Maybe he needs to wear one of those Viking, opera bras, for protection purposes, of course.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

The wierdest one impinging on my visual range was a specimen who had tapped ss mounts inserted beneath the skin upwards of the forehead on either side of the front of the skull. After the skin had healed and tightened, he had horns screwed into the base elements, wearing all of this with a delightfully snotty air of feigned nonchalance seasoned with a sense of laughable menace.

Highly amusing. I chatted him up a bit. Maybe he was a nice guy, but I'm not making book on it.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

THAT close to a frontal lobotomy, eh? --->||

I've seen pics, and that's as close as I want to get to a super- pierce-freak, thankyouverymuch.

I doubt that I'll ever have ink or metal in/on my skin in this lifetime. You?

Sweet cell phone carrier, eh? I saw two guys with those in Grants Pass last weekend.

corset piercing.

I'd like to check out Kristen's piercing closely.

How does she EAT? Weight of all that metal?

Implants. Lots of Klingons out there now, too.

Zip it up, bitz.

Pierced BLING?

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You lot are really weird

Reply to
George W Frost

Could have been worse, there are people who get rings and other hardware inserted elsewhere into their anatomy.

Reply to
DGDevin

Not me, I want "them" to havw as much trouble as possible identifying the body.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Three in my left ear. The first one I got when I was 16 (1976). The next two were when I was 46. I think at age 76 I'm going to start on the other ear.

Reply to
CW

LJ:

If you want a "backward" lobotomy, count the two guys seen with tattooed faces on the rear of their skulls, complete with the haircut trimmed to simulate moustaches and beards.

Reminds me of the Tomcats painted with canopies beneath to look like they're flying upside down. Maybe that duet was pilots?

BTW, in a suave PR move, the name of that operation has been changed to "leucotomy". IIRC, the guy who invented it under the former moniker won a Nobel prize for the procedure.... Aha, the name of the award winner was Egas Moniz.

There's that great line "A tattoo is a permanent reminder of a temporary emotion." You need one for a medical alert, fine. But why people get them on places they can't see is curious. Covering them up in certain social situations, as well, does seem to incline to a reconsideration of the initial decision. I try to focus on character and deeds. But some folk are dead set on making hard judgement on externals and that prejudice is the jeopardy of tattoos and the like.

Hey, B, you planning to get in to astral projection anytime soon?

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

I thought it was originally "leucotomy" and the term "lobotomy" came later.

Sometimes it's a way of remembering something or someone that you don't _want_ to forget.

Obviously they are there for someone else to see.

Or a recognition that one must make certain compromises in the interest of having food on the table.

Hence the covering in situations in which the views of such people matter.

Reply to
J. Clarke

So they'll have something to hang your hide from when you depart, eh? Cool.

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

WOW!!!!! How informative!!!!!

Good God, John... Stoppit already, We are all so overwhelmed by your wisdom!!!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Make sure he wears a cup in case of any other ring he may be hiding.

Reply to
SBH

I thought we were disgusting how tattoos were industrial accidents??

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Could have been worse, there are people who get rings and other hardware inserted elsewhere into their anatomy.

Can be handy to have a tackle box with the right hardware with you at all times. #50 drill bit through your nose for those quick tapping holes?

Reply to
Eric