Dual voltage shaver points - use both?

Presumably the travel charger was designed to be compatable with Dell laptops (i.e. it provided the serialised ident signal on the centre pin to indicate it was a "Genuine Dell Charger") otherwise it will only power the laptop itself, merely avoiding draining the battery (which is better than nothing at all).

All that's happened is that the problem of accepting 12 to 15 volt DC power (which could have been addressed by the power management in the laptop itself) has been worked around by some clever smpsu technology incorporated into the travel charger alongside of the more standard universal 100 to 240 mains smpsu part of the charger. It's a damn fine travel charger, kudos to the manufacturer! :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

In fact there are plenty that do that including the majors like Targus.

Reply to
kshy

I came across a couple of Lenovo full-size tower PCs last week. Reasonable spec, but just a space in the chassis where the PSU should be. They were powered by a laptop style PSU and connected onto the motherboard with a flat connector that looked very similar to a USB "A" plug. Got me wondering though. For a start, how much less power does an SSD sink, compared to the equivalent spinning-rust?

Reply to
Graham.

SSDs are not a lot lower power then rusty disks IME.

Reply to
Andy Burns

My SSD is always cold. The HDDs often get hot.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr