Adhesive for slate tiles on outside doorstep?

I need to replace some slate floor tiles on to an exterior concrete front doorstep. Can't remember what I used originally (about 10 years ago!) but they came loose in short order and I stashed them away until I got round to sorting it out - and that particular tuit has just come home to roost!
It's actually for a rental property which I'm tarting up for sale, so a reasonably quick'n dirty method would be preferred TBH! Anything recommended from Screwfix or Toolstation? Is there a suitable glue-in-a- tube I could use, rather than mixing up tubs of powder etc?
Thanks
--
David

Think most decent exterior stone to stone adhesives will be a variation on mortar. So most probably a powder you mix with water. Most decent DIY stores will sell it. Look for a tile adhesive suitable for exterior use.
--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:30:42 GMT, Lobster

Gripfill. Works for slates on the roof that come loose, so no reason why it shouldn't work with slate on a step provided the slate is well bedded and doesn't rock. Just wire-brush off any loose stuff from both step and slate first.
--

Chris

On 18/07/2015 15:05, Chris Hogg wrote:

+1. As it's outdoors I'd go for the "original" solvent based version
On 18/07/2015 15:05, Chris Hogg wrote:

Is this a decent alternative to replacing or re-securing a slate 'properly' using straps/nails?
Just feels wrong . . .
--
Cheers, Rob

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 08:29:16 +0100, RJH wrote:

My feeling too, but, about a year ago, I used Stixall to glue down a 4' high x2' square angle iron bench to slabs, outside. It's still secure and has been used for many jobs. Somehow I still don't really trust it.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Lobster wrote:

Gripfill.

OK, interesting. Even those sold specifically as floor tiles, then? I think I'll just reuse the ones I've TBH, as they aree already cut to size etc and as I mentioned, am just tarting the place up for sale anyway.
Thanks to everyone else for the Gripfill advice - am off to Toolstation! :)
--
David