Dropped kurb

bird nesting box.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The law varies from area to area. For example, where I live in the borough of Spelthorne there is no bye-law preventing pavement parking and the police are powerless unless the vehicle actually causes an obstruction. Go down the road to the next borough, park with just one wheel on the pavement and you get a ticket.

Reply to
Tinkerer

Because you might not always be neighbours.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

But that doesn't matter. Your neighbours' agreement should be taking into account any future saleability of their property and plenty of people looking to buy a house may be put off by a council approved development on a neighbouring property. No one is forcing any future neighbour to buy that property.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

insufficient

cars put two

I've come across one area in Tyneside where parking partly on the pavement is officially permitted and encouraged as in this Google Streetview image but it does look as though the paving slabs next to the kerb have been replaced by a strip of concrete . This used to be on my route home from work before we moved away from Tyneside about 6 years ago and at that time I think they just had a white line painted over the slabs where the edge of the concrete is now so I suppose they might have had problems with slabs crackung.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

The road that my parents live on is narrow and curved, so some houses have no possibility of a driveway and most houses have two (or more) cars. Parking slightly on the pavement is the only way to keep the road clear for emergency vehicles. The pavements are normal 3' x 2' concrete slabs and over the years the only cracking or movement has occured where a council wagon parked on the pavement.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker