Driving Me Crazy

On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:02:09 +0100, maxim naumov mused:

But you still have to install something either way, a converter or PDF printer.

Fair enough, I only really use CutePDF for converting Excel invoice sheets into PDF's for emailing, saves the customer inadvertantly editing it and cocking it up!

For making PDF's if I wanted to make them properly I've got a copy of Acrobat 6 Pro round here somewhere.

Reply to
Lurch

BTW, Open Office can export to PDF's directly.

And I've not yet come across an MS Office document that Open Office won't open.

Reply to
Huge

Alternatively you can use the method that's been available for about 2 decades - create a postscript file for sending to your postscript printer, and instead feed it to your postscript-to-PDF conversion program (hundreds available for free, or upwards in price). If you want something "official", get an Adobe PS printer driver

, then use whatever PS-2-PDF program you want to use. (Hint : this is exactly what Adobe's Distiller does. Distiller is Yet Another PS to PDF converter. With it's own selection of bugs. Personally, I use Ghostscript or PDFcreator, depending on the lack of administrative rights I have on a system.)

Reply to
Aidan Karley