Drill Bits Galore

Hi All

Makro have a set of 160 assorted drill bits on offer at the moment for £19:99. JCB branded in a metal case, you get carbide tipped masonry drills, titanium coated HSS drills and spur point wood bits.

Nice thing is, you get 10 each of the really useful sizes 5mm, 6mm etc & 5 each of the still useful 8mm, 10mm etc. Sizes range from 1mm to 10mm.

Since I always lose drill bits before I wear them out, this is a godsend! Quality looks OK so far as I can tell, but at this price you can't go wrong.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Its at rock bottom prices one is most likely to go wrong IME. But maybe you'll have better luck with those than I had with B&D (ugh, spit). Its hard to believe nice new drill bits cant even drill soft pine, but sometimes tis so.

BTW I just got my backwards dril bits, loking forward to using them... and playing a few pranks :)

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I bought a 50 piece set of B&D bits for £10 on this basis. They were such a tight fit in the plastic case and the drills were such crap quality that by the time you managed to lever one out, it was bent. Still, live and learn as they say...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

masonry drills,

Just drilled some holes in a fibre cement tube (*) using a 4mm masonry drill - applied moderate hand pressure and it bent like a bit of solder!!!! Bent it back by hand and carried on - but oh boy talk about cheap / poor quality imported rubbish. Don't know the brand as it was in a job lot, but I'm sure it didn't come from Sheffield !

AWEM

[(*) making a 1 ohm 1000 watt resistor for traction battery discharging / testing]
Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , andrew@a17.?.invalid writes

Indeed, along these lines I bought a set of 10 x 6" screwdriver bits for £0.99, the tip snapped off the first posidrive bit, the first screw I put in with it, the other 9 also went straight in the bin.

Reply to
bof