Dremel Versaflame - faulty?

I just bought a Dremel Versaflame, from Amazon. It doesn't seem to work at all. Before I send it back, I thought I'd check in case I'm missing something obvious.

I put butane in it. There's certainly some in there becauwse it comes out under pressure when I push on the valve. The air hole is open. The lock is in the "off" (forward) position. I've tried the flame control in various positions. I move the safety lock, press the button, and the safety lock springs back. But no flame appears - in fact no gas comes out.

Is it just faulty?

I suppose I should let the butane out before sending it back...

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin