Has someone just cleared a newsgroup blockage?

I just received 179 messages that are 2 days old.

And some of them were from good posters.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Sleep with me tonight? I won't ask again.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I did too.

It must be all those caustic soda posts.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Now define a good poster:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Google groups appears to have been holding on to a couple of days' worth of posts. Stuff posted on real usenet has apparently been arriving there, but it's been a one way street.

Reply to
John Williamson

I believe that posts made via Google were not getting through to usenet. The posts appear on Google, but not on broader usenet. The reverse was not a problem, i.e. posts on usenet were being displayed on Google.

Google may now have sorted the problem and what you saw was the backlog.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I just received 179 messages that are 2 days old.

But more of them were crap.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Clive George

Reply to
Tim Downie

Very good.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

that would explain why my news provider went all 'slow' for a while.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Jules Richardson

No, they weren't hers! She borrowed them...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ta. But that made me wonder what she would look like if she did that in

2012.

And some women are like a good wine. They taste better as they age.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Nick Odell

And some turn all sharp and vinegary. But you never know until you open the bottle.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hence "sniff it before you taste it".

Reply to
PeterC

still a good-looking lady.

Reply to
Huge

Indeed:!..

I remember a couple of years ago on the bridge from the south bank in London there was a woman who must have been around 70 but she was tall and slim immaculately and stylishly dressed with tresses of long grey hair and the way she held herself and walked .. simply sheer class:)

Reply to
tony sayer

Reply to
grimly4