Draught from Bathroom Extractor Fan

I have a bathroom extractor fan.

The outlet is a horizontal louvred plastic grid.

When it is windy, you can feel the draught entering the bathroom even though the louvres on the outlet face into the house i.e. set to minimise entry of draughts.

Has anyone tried to overcome this problem - is there a solution ?

SWMBO is complaining bitterly of a cold bathroom in the mornings - and that is not good for matrimonial harmony :-(

Regards and felicitations for the forthcoming festive season to you all.

Terry W.

Reply to
Terry W.

I'm not clear from your post if the louvres actually close, there are grills that have shutters that hang closed, but open when the fan is on. There is also an in line shutter see

that you might be able to fit.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Unless you know you have a quality fan then replace it with one that has an integral shutter in the fan assembly itself, these are typically better than the external shuttered solutions.Good fans are expensive.

Reply to
visionset

If that's the only thing she has to complain about she's lucky :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
PeTe33

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:45818293$0$764 $ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

Being married to me, she has VERY little to complain about :-)

Terry W.

Reply to
Terry W.

"Peter Andrews" wrote in news:S6egh.101382$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk: