Bathroom extractor fan

I'm trying to choose which extractor fan to get for my shower room and am not doing well

So far I have decided to get a Vextaxia or Xpelair or similar quality and it will have a pullcord control. Thats the easy bit

From the Ventaxia (or was it Xpelair) pdf I have worked out that a

100mm round duct would be OK. Except that I cant use round duct in the space I have, it has to be rectangular, probably 100mm*54mm so the resistance calculations given in the pdf are not relevant for my situation and I cant use them to work out what fan I need and I have to revert to reading marketing blurb

So when it says "suitable for use with short lengths of ducting" what does it mean by short? My ducting will be a straight run of about 4m long, smooth and with two 45 degree elbows

The room is small 6.3 cubic metres so I expect I only need a basic

100mm bathroom fan but I'm not confident of this

Does anyone have vaguely this sort of setup and if so how powerful a fan do you have and does it extract successfully?

I need a drink Anna

-- Anna Kettle Lime plaster repair and conservation Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc Tel:    (+44)  01359 230642 Mob:   (+44)  07976 649862 Please look at my website for examples of my work at:

Anna Kettle

The venting setup sounds a bit like one of mine, which I have to say is pretty borderline, using a basic Screwfix model. I suspect you'll just have to suck it and see? using as powerful a fan as you can get?

Any chance you can up the size of the ducting to 125mm - that would help for sure.

David

Reply to
Lobster

You've not clarified what the purpose of the extractor is, so its hard to know what your target extraction rate is. 4" fans have very low extraction rates fwiw.

Axial fans are designed to be used with a through the wall duct, ie a foot or so. Long ducts require the other type - whats the word for them! - to maintain flow rate.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

ITYM centrifugal!