Double glazing beading on the outside?!?

Nope, my windows you can simply take the beading off the outside using a small flat bladed screwdriver, then lift the glass out. I did it myself. Entirely from the outside. Now if the windows were the other way round, the only possible way to remove the glass would be from the inside.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey
<snip>

Then the glass wasn't taped in and I suggest the windows fitted unprofessionally (or a really crap and insecure design).

To remove (rather than break) a properly externally glazed DG unit you would have to fist get inside the window and cut though the tape with a suitable knife (craft / Don Carlos / Moon) and *only then* can you remove the glass unit.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Nope, I'm using the proper terms for that trade.

But it's *fitted* from one side (in or out).

It's safer to leave a little room for movement / expansion when making a sealed DG unit and so to set it in the middle of the frame they often use spacers / packers. Packers are also required to set up (toe / heel) a side opening door / window so a gap is still required. The packers can be as thin as 1mm (from memory).

Phew, that's a start then! ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Then they are s*1t and insecure.

I know, you have said, several times.

Same if they were securely taped and you then also have less chance of kicking them in or them leaking.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Cut the seal out from the inside.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I have six 6' patio doors and one 3' door into my house.   Why would I want to remove the glass just to move some furniture in/out?

Reply to
Grumpy Old White Guy