Door kick plates

Any views on this one?

It seems the main choices are aluminium, stainless steel and brass. As far as I can see, aluminium needs the least maintenance. Is all aluminium anodised or does this need to be specified? I liked the idea of polycarbonate but I can only find one supplier, based in the US.

It's for a common entry door so countering the lack of commonsense on the part of my neighbours is more important than appearance.

Reply to
Scott

In which case, I would go for stainless steel, as it is the strongest and is best suited to taking abuse.

Reply to
nightjar

Dont use polycarbonate. Somebody wedged a door with this sutuff open with a fire extinguisher in a block of flats to get some furniture in, the FE moved the door hit it and the polycarbonate cracked. I think Stainless gets my vote, though it can be heavier. Aluminium needs to be anodised to be hard otherwise it scratches. Brass is a little bit heavy and can go dull or green unless coated . Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)