Door catch on Bosch Tumble Drier

We have a Bosch WTA 2000 Tumble Drier.

The door is VERY difficult to open...

We have had the machine for 6 years and my wife tells me that it has been like it since we bought it and that she has told me about it a million times..... Hmmm...

Anyway - on close inspection I just don't understand how it's supposed to work..

See pictures here of the door and catch ... Click on "small" if you are not on broadband..

Is there some mechanism inside the casing that is supposed to push the catch to the open position ? Or what?

Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

The machine is supposed release the catch automatically when machine has completed it's given task(solenoid release)usually just before switch off.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

No there is no such mechanism its just a pull it to open door, these are stiff so much so it will eventually break the door rim. This machine is a White Knight branded as a Bosch, they have several design of doors some of which have a handle to open the door very easily others like yours have none, you can easily fit a complete White Knight door with handle release if it is a problem.

Peter

Reply to
powerstation

Peter,

Many thanks for your help - yet again!!!

Is it one of these that I need?

take it you did see my post yesterday re the thermostat problem you helped with a few weeks ago. All now working fine..

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

like yours, it is not necessary to change it until it actually breaks it is normal to be stiff to open.

Yes glad to hear that

Reply to
powerstation

Yes - It really is a swine to open.. Its a two hand on the door and foot on the casing job :-) I think I'll give my wife a jemmy to do it with!

Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Beware with these - the plastic tab on the handle that the spring works against usually snaps off, resulting in a floppy handle that doesn't stay closed! Happened to me twice in the 7 years I've had my White Knight, thank God it's easy to change (although getting the handle, crossbar and spring to line up when under tension is sometimes troublesome).

Hellraiser............>

Reply to
Hellraiser