Does anyone make coloured bathroom suites any more?

In our new shower/wet room we have an existing toilet bowl and cistern which are grey/blue, we don't want to replace them if we don't have to.
So, we'd quite like a pedestal washbasin in a similar colour but I can't find *any* coloured ones except from one company selling old ones at ridiculous prices. Does no one manufacture coloured suites any more?
--
Chris Green
·

On 31/07/2019 11:28, Chris Green wrote:

When I did mine last year, I had three large catalogues of stuff to select from - and I don't recall seeing any non white stuff in there with the exception of some free standing baths in copper, bronze and other similar finishes on the outside. So if there is coloured choices out there, I would expect them to be very limited...
--
Cheers,

John.

Thanks John, though not encouraging, maybe we'll just have to go for white.
--
Chris Green
·

That seems a little mad, as surely these days, with all these home make over shows, people might like to have green pink or whatever stuff. There is no extra cost in making glazed ceramic in colours unless we have suddenly forgotten about getting the colour the same all over, but this goes for white too as the stuff they are made of is hardly brilliant white so always needs some pigment. Brian
--
----- --
On 31/07/2019 15:11, Brian Gaff wrote:

Well I suppose stock control is simpler and cheaper when, to mis-quote Henry Ford, "You can have any colour you like so long as it's white".

Don’t think so. Changing a toilet and cistern isn’t that hard.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Very true, but I actually rather *like* the blue/grey.
--
Chris Green
·

Must be the only thing in a house where there is no choice of colour these days. Never did quite understand why.
--
*In some places, C:\ is the root of all directories *

On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 15:20:26 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Even condoms and power tools come in colours.
Owain
On 31/07/2019 17:17, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Strangely, white tiling in bathrooms seems to have gone out of favour.
Blame 'Homes under the Hammer'. They always mention the presence of plastic double glazing, CH and white bathroom suites as a 'good thing'.
On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 13:33:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:

I like the art deco effect stuff, but that looks either period or intentional.
And when I was a child we had a blue suite with black tiled walls in our bathroom.
Lashings of hot water from the town gas Ascot whoomphing away in the cupboard and baths by candlelight during the power strikes.
Eeeh.
Owain
On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 09:16:11 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

A mate of mine still lives in the house his parents bought in 1950 (we lived next door). Although not short of a bob or 2 & very handy (retired engineer), he has done hardly any modernisation. The growler, sink & bath are the original fetching shade of pink.
He has lots of relics/ongoing projects.
A 1985 Capri 2.8i His late dad's 1969 Cortina The boiler is a 40+ year old floor standing Glow Worm.
I suppose the old adage "if it ain't broke...." applies to the boiler & bathroom furniture.
We have a black cistern and a whit bowl, but that was all the rage at the time. Brian
--
----- --
On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 11:33:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:

Could you replace the pedestal washbasin with a blue vanity unit with stainless steel insert to go with the grey, or a glass washbowl on top?
But from what I've seen on rightmove, places where new bathrooms have been fitted keeping an old coloured suite always look like a job skimped and an opportunity missed.
Owain

Yes... but it depends how much is too much: https://shop.brokenbog.com/the-bb-collection---new-british-made-coloured-bathroom-ware-37-c.asp
On 31/07/2019 13:38, Theo wrote:

Black art Deco is nice...
--
“Progress is precisely that which rules and regulations did not foresee,”

– Ludwig von Mises
On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 11:33:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:

I have seen them recently some place else, but am not finding where. The 2 suppliers I had in my files are both dead sites now. So yes, such things exist, but you gotta hunt & pay.
NT

Blame the Scandinavians - white sanitaryware was all the rage over there while we were still reveling in pastel pinks and vomit greens. Then there was the trend here towards all things Scandinavian, including white sanitaryware, and the rest is history...
--

Chris