Does anyone countersink holes anymore....

....or even use the correct headed screw.?

Reply to
jon

Use an impact driver and they countersink themselves.

Reply to
alan_m

Or use screws that are designed to self-countersink?

TurboGold have the same ribs under the head.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In limited circumstances...

In hardwood, yes. In many other cases, not really needed. Evolution of screw design and materials, and power driving has changed "correct".

Reply to
John Rumm

Fastidious workers strive to set all the screws to the same depth in the counter sink.If slot headed screws are used also with all the slots aligned. Pub and church work

Reply to
fred

You mean too idle to use a screwdriver.

Reply to
jon

At my age simply not able to do the workload, actually.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

When I was screwing down P5 chipboard - hard, blue, facing - even a good CS bit struggled. A masonary bit did the initial CS then a CS bit corrected the angle. This avoided a standard bit pulling through.

Reply to
PeterC

No, not daft enough to when I have a copious choice of better suited options, and the skills to use them!

Reply to
John Rumm