Ratchet straps a pull ups

Getting the ride on mower up on a trailer wasn't easy. I wondered if two ratchet strape would pull it up as an alternative to a winch. If I buy a hand operated winch I would want to use it to pull the mower up the ramps and also to ease it back done again. Would most hand operated winched allow this or what should I be looking for ? (I'm showing my age here. Past my 3 scorey ears and 10. And did you know that eggs were traditonally sold by the score?

Reply to
fred

Why not use a ramp. I am 69 and don't have a problem driving my mower up a ramp.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

We were using a ramp but the engine was not working. I have memories of loading a Westwood on to a trailer under power. It bottomed out on the trailer edge so I gave it lots of wellie. Took off like a rocket and up the side wall of the trailer. Brown trouser moment for me and my wife who was watching

Reply to
fred