does a Vacuum Time Lag Switch in reverse exist ?

TPTB appreciates that the PestStop device we have is discouraging the local cats & foxes from wrecking our garden but its presence unsettles her.

The compromise we have reached is for me to fit a button which she can push which will disable it for an hour or so at a time.

I can't find such a device - does it exist? I could make something with a relay I guess as the power source is ultimately DC but a mains switch would be more believable. Something looking similar to this would be ideal:

d_s_or_j

cats & foxes from wrecking our garden but its presence

which will disable it for an hour or so at a time.

relay I guess as the power source is ultimately DC but a

in other words it can be wired as "normally closed"

TPTB, The powers that be? Is that a euphemism for a euphemism (SWMBO?)

Reply to
Graham

In message , Graham writes

doh! - thank-you! though tis only 10 mins - too short a time - & none of the others I've found which run for longer are 2 way

uh-huh

Reply to
d_s_or_j

You'll need to go to an electronic timer likely for that sort of time. This would probably do what you want:-

Vellerman probably do something - Maplin stock most of their kits.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
John Rumm

RS do loads of DIN rail mounting multi purpose timers that cover most eventualities.

for example:

John Rumm

Doesn't really need to be, does it ? If it switches the 'wrong' way, then just reverse the action by using the switch to control a relay with c/o contacts. Then pick the n/o or n/c contacts to switch your load ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

What a disappointment. I was hoping someone would come up with a switch that turned on for an hour *before* you pushed the button.

A bit of creative thinking could let you only push the button if the horse won and place the bet only if the lamp lit an hour earlier :-)

Pete

Reply to
PeteS