'Doctors' today

?Doctors? today (It?s a BBC woke propaganda vehicle that I sometimes watch for laughs. It?s supposed to be about a GP practice but it could be about any place or situation because it has no connection with reality.)

  1. Two black females being nice.
  2. White person drops litter, stalks off, black female remonstrates.
  3. White family in mundane scene.
  4. Nice black nurse patiently explains health issues to white GP, who accepts this superior knowledge.
  5. White family continue with their mundane scene.
  6. Black female (lovely person obv.) tells white female how she litter picks because she?s a good citizen.
  7. Black man arrives. Black woman tells him the council are going to tow her motorhome away.
  8. Nice black man offers to lend black woman the money to get her van repaired.
  9. Three pregnant women, one black, one white(ish), one brown.
  10. They are part of a walking group organised by the nice brown nurse.
  11. Young white expectant girl crassly attempts to chat to black girl, who just walks away very rudely because the white girl is a bit posh (ie normal), but somehow this unpleasantness is the white girl?s fault we are made to feel.
  12. White family continue with their mundane scene. This appears to be intended as light relief. These people are not presented in a good light.
  13. Black litter picker lady talks to a white GP. She laments that ?they? are going to make her homeless by towing her motorhome away (which is parked in the middle of a council car park surrounded by her junk. Clearly the council are just fascists!)
  14. Black litter picker lady asks nice black man to help her. He offers to get her van fixed again. This is the lead-in to her impassioned and unrealistically long, fluent speech about what it?s like to be poor. The man apologises for offering to help.
  15. Back with the pregnant ladies, the white one drinks an expensive brand of water, which offends a black one for some reason.
  16. White family continue with their mundane scene. They are neither nice nor nasty. These scenes are just there to leaven the mix.
  17. Back with the pregnant ladies, and the posh white one is rowing with the scrubber black one. The lovely sensible brown nurse tells them to be nice.
  18. Thanks to this good advice they sort of make it up.
  19. The highly principled black motorhome dweller who?s going to lose her home worries that some of her stuff might not be recyclable (got to get it in somewhere).
  20. The posh white pregnant girl says she?s worried about being fat (etc etc). The black pregnant girl who hated her five minutes ago shows that she really has a heart of gold and she consoles her. The impressive brown nurse joins in. The black lady gives forth much wisdom. The white girl is revealed as being rather self-obsessed and inadequate (unlike the impressive blacks and browns).
  21. White family continue with their mundane scene. There?s something about a charity that?s being starved of funds.
  22. The nice black man wins the lottery. It?s just enough to pay for the repairs to the litter picker?s van.
  23. The impressive brown nurse explains something to the white female GP.
  24. The nice black man gives the lottery money to the black litter-picking motorhome dweller so she can get her van repaired.
  25. White family continue with their mundane scene. It?s an obvious filler to get the episode duration correct.

The end

Reply to
williamwright

It's probably karma for all those TV installs you did so that the retired old dears could watch daytime TV!

Reply to
John Rumm

Yep.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Just the sort of crap I never watch but I fell asleep and woke up as the parking ticket was slapped on a very clean and tidy motor home, and the black lady was arguing with a another black guy about the cost of a new clutch and gearbox. Seems the cost would have been about £1000 including towing to a garage. Really ?. Clutch alone could be £2K, god knows what a new gearbox would be. Both actors spoke 'normal' english which immediately marked them out as fakes.

Reply to
Andrew

[snip]

We interesting to know why you think the colour of a person's skin is so important?

And why you continually watch TV progs you rather obviously dislike?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

In message <sp80lt$4lp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, John Rumm snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.null writes

The best part of 30 years ago, a colleague returned from a couple of days off sick. He was convinced that day time TV was a government plot to get people to go to work. I get the impression that things haven't improved.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

This sort of thing is endemic on the BBC nowadays, Strictly CD final had not one straight white male on it.

The minorities of all types are being given precedence over the majority.

If the proverbial Martian visited the UK now it (sic) might truly wonder if it had come to the right place.

Fair makes you wonder where it will end.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

More DIY, less racism, please!

Reply to
GB

It seems of great importance to the media. The advertising on commercial TV is even more ridiculous than the re-education crap on the BBC.

Do you need a translation into Swahili or do I have to draw pictures? <q>

Reply to
Richard

I don't. I care that the BBC is presenting a totally unrealistic representation of life because of their woke agenda. I just don't like being lied to, especially when I have to pay for it.

I like 'Doctors' because it's so ludicrous.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

You should be asking yourself that question. You were the one expressing dislike of people with red skins.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The problem now is the low budget daytime TV of old is now mainstream evening TV.

Reply to
alan_m

When this house was being built 20 years ago I had a portakabin with a phone and a TV and all the lads would come in to watch 'Trisha' and take bets on whether the person she was accusing this week would pipe the eye or not.

On a par with strictly come, frotting.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Regardless of colour of skin, ethnicity or indeed much else, I have noticed that the way things are edited can totally change the perception of people by means of bias in the process.

I think this sort of thing has always gone on. View some of the episodes of The Sweeney and see how stereotypical the various people actually are. OK this is drama, but I see it also today in depiction of blind people as either some pathetic old bloke with soup stains or some dynamic super hero who climbs mountains and is a superior athlete. The truth of course is that everyone is totally different and our beliefs and those of film editors are intrinsically biased in some way. I don't think it will ever be possible to get it right for everyone. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It is a Soap. Since when do any of those have any connection with reality?

Reply to
nightjar

There was a point where a concerted social, media and legal effort was made to get people to respect and tolerate each other in society.

This was way too much for a lot of people, so the undermining of the concepts came under inceased attack. Depictions and description of this harmony were parodized and over-egged in order to render them ridiculous.

This is why "Political Correctness" which was intended as benign legislation, became a dirty word.

This is why compassion and active consideration for others came to be denigrated and derided as "Woke"

This is why people who seek peace and harmony instead of conflict and chaos are referred to as "Snowflakes".

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

It was patronising anti-democratic and fascist. So it was absolutely adopted by the Intellectual Left.

so the undermining of the

They were ridiculous

It was never intended as benign legislation

Woke does not mean compassion and active consideration. It menas rebranded racism

Oh dear. You really are a hopeless case.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are off your trolley, aren't you?

Political correctness isn't legislation, it's an attempt to force people to think in certain ways, as is woke. Compassion and consideration for others is not the private domain of Woke. It's something that's good for all of us. And the Snowflakes don't "seek" peace and harmony, they try and impose their definition of it on others, by force if necessary.

Reply to
Tim Streater

It is important for so many people as is their gender. We had a special event/metting not that I went to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------- QMUL are proud to invite applications for Doctoral Research Studentships from UK candidates from BAME (Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds. Four PhD studentships are available for September 2022 entry and will be awarded on the basis of the excellence of the applicant. The competition is part of a wider set of measures being implemented to increase the representation of UK BAME PGR students conducting research at Queen Mary.

-------------------------------------- To me it seems a contridication to state "will be awarded on the basis of the excellence of the applicant", when it's not aviable to sheep shagers of kilt wearers ;-)

That does seem weird , but sometimes I watch things I wouldn't normmaly watch just so I can know what I'm talking about if the subject comes up, the most recent was womens football and yesterdays grand prix .

Reply to
whisky-dave

Interesting. You expect a drama to represent real life. Would that include all those written by Shakespeare and Agatha Christie etc too?

Perhaps you should stick to Midsommer Murders. Barely a black face in sight and oh so true to life.

Ah. OK. So if it conformed to your idea of true life, you'd no longer find it interesting?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News