diy smart multiway trailing socket.

<snip troll s**te>

Bwhahaha .... you wouldn't listen / understand / concede if I did so why would I bother to do that?

But here is one of hundreds of answers to another of your accusations that you could have easily looked up yourself Google boy.

Except you aren't actually interested in my answer to that are you, it will be just another thing for you to try to argue about.

Now, where is that apology you promised everyone you would give?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I would expect most users that understand about static IP address reservations would also want to stipulate what those addresses are.

I've got a Fritzbox 7530 and, if fixing IP addresses from the DHCP pool, the following lines are added to the relevent LAN device entry:

manual_ip = yes; staticlease = yes;

That's not to say yours will support these directives though. What's the actual model you've got?

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Agreed and why I think it strange that on most domestic routers you can't?

Ah, ok, I'll check again and look for that.

Quite as it is fairly old now.

According to it's admin page: 'FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7140 Annex A'

Cheers, T i m

p.s. You may be interested to know I followed up on your idea of converting an existing trailing lead and making it smart (as with the Shelly unit) and I opened up the TCM 219870 Master socket thing (it was my Dads, it went wrong (turning on the master no longer activated the 6 slaves) and I'd previously converted it to a plain 7 ways multi socket) and am already in the process of turning it into a 4 way switched, one permanently live (all via the main on/ off switch) as by removing the last two sockets and their bus bars I can easily get the

4 way relay board and an ESP32 in the end. A bit of 3D printing to hold the relay board and ESP32 to the now unused socket mounting posts and I should be good to go. ;-)

Luckily the bus bars are real brass strip and screw onto the back of each of the sockets so I can either cut the strip up, drill holes for the wire and solder, or remove the strip completely and use crimp / ring terminals. It really was an ideal solution. ;-)

Reply to
T i m

I'm all ears, I may or may not understand. But if you don't know why then please simply admit it and put everyone out of their misery rather than this endless procrastination.

So not trillions then, like you claimed. Are you going to apologise for your mistake?

No argument. I actually think we should and try to cut down on our meat consumption, but when you come over the way you do as a fanatic, you become an ugly advert for veganism. And a great incentive to eat meat.

I thought I have apologised profusely enough.

What have I done now?

Reply to
Fredxx

The routers I have used in the past 5 years or so have allowed port forwarding for a computer name, rather than IP address.

Of course the IP address can still be static, but it does mean you can still use DHCP for all devices and port forwarding still operates on the chosen device without concerns over its local IP address.

Reply to
Fredxx

I'm sure all the ones I've had can, but granted that's probably not all that many!

Having skimmed the user guide

it does sound like the 7140 might well indeed be one you can't, although it comes close to sounding like you can in a few places but that'll likely be down to the German translation! Certainly worth checking that the 'Expert Mode' is enabled in the System menu in case that reveals more options.

Excellent! I suppose success (or at least ease) really does depend on the particular construction type of the socket.

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Yes, that's true.

Personally I prefer to manually configure any devices that deserve a fixed address with a static address outside the DHCP pool as I find it makes things far easier to manage and just seems altogether more robust and predictable.

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Thanks for checking that Mathew. <Checks>, yes, Expert mode is on (I normally run stuff as-is first and then turn on the expert / advanced modes to do the advanced stuff once I've explored the basics).

<snip>

Yeah, I think it's going to work out well (physically) and only cost about 8 quid to do something that would have cost at least 24 (and that I may not be able to repair if it ever went wrong).

Absolutely and I was lucky with this one because it was quite 'boxy' as it used to contain the electronics for the 1 x Master > 6 x slaves setup that I previously stripped out when they failed for Dad.

It was also very handy that the layout (Mains cable entry, master socket and main switch, then the 6 slaves) means I can remove the last two sockets (and you can, they aren't molded in, another bonus) and have the relay board (mains relays facing the last socket), then the logic side of the relay board and then the ESP32 that won't be near any mains voltages.

If I wire the master socket to be straight switched live, that can take a wall wart 5V supply to run the ESP32 and logic side of the relays and then the remaining 4 sockets have their lives split and fed from each of the 4 relays. It's just how best to take the single live that currently goes the bus bar and split it into 4 to feed the 4 x relay commons?

Wego connector (1 in 4 out) or solder up a 1 to 4 splitter and heatshrink (in 1.5mm flex probably, if Wegos can take stranded)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Same here ... and I also try to group stuff together, like servers, NAS's, RPi's printers and still leave a reasonable DHCP scope for all the dynamic stuff.

An advantage of DHCP though is that you can use it as another support aid to prove connectivity, no IP address, it's not seeing the router / DHCP server for some reason.

And that's another 'issue' with my old Fritzbox. It doesn't seem to release the DLCH pool leases properly and so I will something have to go in and clean any currently unused addresses from the list to make way (and have wasted quite a bit of time trying to diagnose why some (often headless / new-to-me) device isn't doing what it should.

I think I looked into getting a later Fritzbox after you mentioned yours last time as mine has been so reliable but not sure if I want to retain the Fon feature for my 2 x VOIP lines. I think the idea was they are better managed by the router as it can deal with the QoS better there?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

<snip the rest of the troll shit>

I'll do that as soon as you realise the hypocrisy of your statement and position. You say you are 'obliged' to defend others when they are abuse but only I guess when those others are the ones you specifically select, not the ones you specifically select *to* abuse, like livestock?

Here, Shitheadxx, Joaquin Phoenix refers to you directly near the end of this clip (3:35) but you really ought to listen (and consider) all he has to say.

Or, of your talking (and being dismissive of the sentience of) fish ...

and don't worry, you won't need you carers login to watch either and neither will give you nightmares. (even though they should).

And this blows your fish BS out of the water (and they have now believe octopi can dream).

?v=hpdlQae5wP8 Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Snip the truth you don't want to hear?

Livestock are not a higher being with the means to to understand concepts. I support campaigns to reduce and minimise suffering to animals. You don't

You won't even sign a petition to stop the import of foie gras pate. So in effect you endorse the force feeding of geese.

What sort of a man are you?

Once again abuse, another sign of a lost argument. In an earlier post you denied abusing those who disagreed with you. You lied or simply can't see calling people names is abuse. Is this how you treat your wife or are you fearful of her?

Your issue is you're jealous our loved ones want us to have a natural, healthy diet so we can benefit from natural vitamins and minerals only found in meat.

I have accused you of:

1) Being a fanatic 2) Hypocrite in terms of incarcerating your pets. 3) Admitted lying about feeding a dog meat free products 4) Keeping a dog in captivity, denial of ever subjecting it to pain through full bladders and bowels. 5) Likely deficient in B12 6) Being an unworthy example of a vegan 7) Abusing others who disagree with you, questioning their brain. 8) In denial you abuse others who disagree with you. 9) Not caring for animal welfare, as indicated by the snipping of petitions and not wanting to improve slaughter procedures. 10) You believe in a deity like father christmas and endorse religious practises employed in cruel animal slaughter.

To the best of my knowledge, all the above are true.

Reply to
Fredxx
<snip more troll s**te>

You really are ignorant aren't you (and that's not abuse, that's the truth!!!). Well, that or a *very* persistent troll (strange given how much you don't want nor understand persistent file systems)?

What 'concepts' do you need them to be able to understand before *YOU* determine if their lives are worthy?

How to build structures? How to catch and process their food with what nature gave them? To be able to accurately navigate around the skys, land and sea with what nature gave them. To nurture, protect, raise and train their young? To use tools. To build features like air conditioning into their homes. To make food larders to carry them over the winter. To communicate (often over long distances) and to build social groups. To work out how to achieve goals and do new things. To work together, even with a different species to obtain a mutual benefit. To mourn the loss of one of their own. To protect themselves and each other from aggressors. To create elaborate displays to attract a mate. To repeat a sequence of numbers to a greater range and way faster than man could ever do. To see further, see in the dark, run faster, swim longer and deeper (and still be a mammal), fly and lift things many more times their weight than any human can do.

To plan for the future, a future you deny them, simply because you think you are a God and *choose* to eat their flesh and excretions and exploit them in any way you see fit [1], simply because you choose to. Because that's what Gods do?

And please let us know then we can decide what to do with human babies and people with learning difficulties, most of whom can do none of the above.

<snip what is bound to be more hypocrite troll s**te unread>

Cheers, T i m

[1] Except for those things where you don't see fit of course, hypocrite that you are.

What you do with your almighty power is send pigs into a gas chamber and watch them slowly suffocate before cutting their throats and watching them bleed to death. Oh, no, you can't do that last bit (even on video), you get someone else to do that for you eh.

Reply to
T i m
<snip what is bound to be a load of troll shit unread>

Ah, I see, you are just very selective re what *you* decide is animal cruelty. Force feeding a duck or goose is bad, cutting off the tip of a chickens beak, cutting off a piglets tail or teeth, grinding up male chicks, taking away a cows newborn then enslaving her to produce massive quantities of milk that you deny her calf but drink yourself ... or not allowing a mother pig to move or tend to her babies are all perfectly fine for you?

I bet you wanked off to that injured duck picture.

<snip the rest of the troll shit unread>

Bye! (That means I'm not going to reply to you any more and continuing to reply to me, and especially making shit up and more lying will be seen as desperate trolling).

Take a look at yourself, your lifestyle, the petition you seem fanatical about and the others and other direct action opportunities of real animal protection (not buying the shit) you are ignoring and come back to me in 6 months *IF* the penny has dropped.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

If you don't like these practices then research more about why they are done and campaign to stop them if you don't approve.

There is no point in complaining about practices here, do something. It's a bit like spoiling a ballot paper and complaining of the outcome. A very stupid thing to do and false rhetoric.

Unlike you, no I didn't. I thought the photo was unnecessary and unrelated to the practice, obviously for an emotional response. However the petition was a good cause. Something we can do as we've left the EU. Win - win.

Good, then I can correct you without you snipping the bits you don't want to hear, so these corrections can stay here for all to read.

The petition did not contain the words and picture of my choice, nevertheless, my signing of the petition shows I care about animal welfare, whereas your aim to attempt to further your desire to stop us eating meat, nothing to do with animal welfare.

Why would I want to get back to a fanatical vegan, foisting his way of life onto others, abusing those who disagree with him?

I will leave this here, as previous times I have posted this you have reused to reply and you snip it away every time:

So I can safely say:

1) You are a fanatic 2) Hypocrite in terms of incarcerating your pets. 3) Keeping a dog in captivity, now admit to subjecting it to pain through full bladders and bowels. 4) Likely deficient in B12 5) Being an unworthy example of a vegan 6) Abusing others who disagree with you, questioning their brain. 7) In denial you abuse others who disagree with you. 8) Not caring for animal welfare, as indicated by the snipping of petitions and not wanting to improve slaughter procedures. 9) You believe in a deity like father christmas and endorse religious practises employed in cruel animal slaughter. 10) Endorse ritual slaughter of animal.
Reply to
Fredxx
<snip troll shit>

It's *everything* to do with *real* animal welfare, unlike the selective / speciesist / selfish version you follow in your cult.

Because that's *EXACTLY* what you say you are *obliged* to do, so more lying or what?

I just thought I'd post those as they say it all.

<snip more troll shit>

Byee!

Cheers, T i m

Reply to