DIY motorcycle fairing welding?

Hi All,

I am trying to help my mate locate some 'DIY' plastics welding kit, suitable for yer 'typical' (plastic) motorcycle fairing?

Any thoughts / pointers please .

All the best for 2005 .. and thanks for the help this year ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I recall that Halfords have quite a selection of plastic repair kits these days - not used them myself though.

Alternatively try posting in uk.rec.motorcycles.

Reply to
Ima Troll

Thanks for the reply fella. I was looking more for the plastic welding 'tool' than a repair kit as such ..?

Ah, good idea .. thanks again and have a good 2005 ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Capper plastics supplied them IIRC, depends on the plastic though, some cannot be welded....

Reply to
Badger

In message , T i m writes

Go to uk.rec.motorcycles and ask again, see if Lozzo answers

Reply to
raden

- Thanks for the reply fella. I was looking more for the plastic welding 'tool' than a repair kit as such ..?

-

Wurth UK do them

Cold epoxy weld or heat weld, they do both

Reply to
Andy-

I'd suggest taking it to the shop and having it welded. The kit is expensive, home-brew lash-ups don't work well, and practice is definitely valuable in doing a good job. A lot depends on identifying the plastic to an obsessive degree and choosing appropriate techniques / filler rods.

Reply to
Andy Dingley