Good price for waterproof CCTV cam enclosures?

CPC do them. No idea how they compare on price, but one with anti-condensation heater looks to set you back in the £40-£80 area.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hi folks,

I have 4 x decent CCTV cameras (and multiplexer) and would like to mount a couple outside and will need to put them in those waterproof enclosures with brackets etc.

What is the typical price for a good value-for-money item please (I say 'good' in the hope that someone has actually used such and knows a good one from a nasty one?). Do any of the online discount / trade places do them?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ouch! For just an enclosure or *with* camera Andrew?

I'll have a look on CPC's site .. these cameras I have run on 24V AC so I wonder what the heaters require ..?

I think I might have a look at making my own ..?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Just the enclosure.

12V or mains, depending on enclosure.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:51:13 GMT, T i m strung together this:

Go to Wiring Accessories, Brackets and Housings. I've used a few of the ones at the bottom of the page and they're reasonable quality, for what they cost.

Reply to
Lurch

Hi fella,

Thanks for that ..

I have managed to find a local Sat Co who sold me a 100m roll of RG59 B/U for 22 quid (inc) and crimp on BNC's for under a quid.

I'm going to pop back during the week to see the boss and see what he can come up with re the enclosures. Now I've seen what CPC, yk3 and others have to offer I have a better feel of options / costs etc.

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m