DIY Liquid Nitrogen

Is that real weightlessness or the same as you can get in one of those Russian transport planes for $5k ?

Reply to
Mike

Don't shout this too loud or we'll have Prescott's mob doing part

Reply to
Mike

Is there a prize for real orbit then ?

Reply to
Mike

sure someone would be

practical. Current LN2 generators

need a lot of air.

of the air comes out

expensive if all they are

rotational speeds of the air

That's alright then, just up the voltage on one of those new Dysons ;-)

Reply to
Mike

That's probably how much NASA spend delivering a kilo of lunch to a meeting room :-) Good luck !!!

Reply to
Mike

I think there may be. Not sure.

Reply to
Huge

In message , Ian Stirling writes

Don't buy them from b&Q, they're crap

Reply to
raden

Yep, last one I bought only went up 10 miles before burning out. I was gutted, it cost 25 quid. :((

Reply to
EricP

Not really, any water in LN2 freezes so cold it sublimates away. CO2 freezes solid and in some situations can by seen as a frost on the walls of the Dewar or rolling around on the bottom as nodules.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

I don't know if you saw my post. I'm fairly sure you'll need 200bar for the air. The heat given off compressing air to that amount is huge. And needs to be removed before the compressed air enter the low temp part.

I'm fairly sure the fridge kit is only good for a few bar output.

Reply to
Ed Sirett