DIY fly trap glue

Hello all.
I'd like to make a horsefly trap with a black bucket covered in non-setting glue. YouTube has many examples and they seem to catch the things. Horsefl y trap glue is available to buy, but not especially cheap. Price is one rea son why I'd like to make my own, but general curiosity is the main reason.
Requirements: -Non setting and adequate viscosity to stick bugs on contact -Weatherproof (remains in situ and retains physical properties after exposu re to showers -not attractive to other insects by smell (I imagine that this rules out sw eet/sugary solutions)
Suggestions welcome.
Thanks. Bill.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Fruit tree grease? (Used to paint a sticky ring round fruit tree trunks to stop codling moths climbing up - weatherproof and stays sticky for months)
--
Chris Holford

Often called Grease bands,. Not sure about other insects though. Its very gooey stuff. Brian
--
----- --