DIY Fancy Dress ideas!! .. and a PS on woodworm

Hello all

Got a family party that is fancy dress on New Year's Eve.

Being a miserable tight git I don't want to spend a fortune hiring and wondered whether anyone had any ideas for simple diy fancy dress.

We are both (me and the missus) mid fifties and a bit less than slim. Don't mind outrageous but don't want anything that will frighten the grandchildren tooo much.

TIA for any replies.

PS. Anyone heard of any advances in under ground floor woodworm treatment that do not involve pulling up floorboards all over the house?

Reply to
Invisible Man

Bob the Builder?

Check shirt, dungarees, tool belt & a hard hat. SWMBO could go as Wendy, green sweatshirt, toolbelt, blue jeans.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Many thanks.

I could dig my tool belt out of the garage etc. but haven't got a hard hat. SWMBO is called Wendy already!

Tart & vicar looks favourite at the moment. Me as the vicar!

Reply to
Invisible Man

see if anyone on the BNP membership list is near you and could lend you an SS uniform. Then go as a member of the royal family.

Make "blinkers" out of cardboard and an old pair of specs, and go as Haringey Council social workers.

Any tube lines in the general vicinity?

Ultrasonic woodworm repeller?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

There's a fine line between Bob The Builder and David Hodo from The Village People ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

(Oooh! Little bit of politics there)

Go with a woman strapped to your back. Claim to be a turtle. If they ask about the woman, say "Thats Michelle".

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I went to a Fancy dress party years ago and a bloke had lots of plastic noses

pinned everywhere. Suppressing how many people asked what he was supposed to be.

-
Reply to
Mark

Paint your face back (kids face paint) and fill your mouth with custard. Blackhead.

Reply to
mogga

How do I get the beers in?

Reply to
Invisible Man

As if I'd have enough straps around the place to hold a woman in place;-)

Reply to
Invisible Man

There's always the condom on the konk to fall back on

or .. show a bit of imagination, spray yourselves silver, tie yourselves together and go as a pair of ben was balls

Reply to
geoff

Half the grandchildren would think it was hilarious. I don't fancy having to explain to the other half!

Reply to
Invisible Man

Mark:

well, who nose...

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Reply to
Adrian C

... heads off to search for the Floyd album painted girls and fails

Reply to
geoff

You have to be squeezed first!

Reply to
mogga

Very pretty!

Reply to
mogga

Go dressed as an emotional state.

Black up, stick your dick in a bowl of custard and say you are "fncking dis custard"

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Put a bin bag over your head, jump up and down a lot then spray shaving foam everywhere saying "bugger, my condoms split!"

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Get your good lady a couple of those whirly Danish pastries and she can go as Princess Leah from Star Wars. Get three more and you can go as Makka Pakka.

Stephen Howard