woodworm

I have found some recent holes in my skirting board close to an area that was treated for woodworm 20 years ago. House is 100 years old and this is the original architrave about 12" high.

I can get a matching profile of the board to replace.

? How far does one cut back the existing board ? Does the plaster need renewing. ? Can any wood preservative be used ? Can this be brished on or must it be sprayed on ? I would take the old board out so I could get at the unpainted surface ? Any other suggestions

Thanks

Col

Reply to
Colin Jackson

Finding woodworm is a stable-door event. They have gone and you have to make good and prevent them coming back.

So there is really no need to rip the damaged wood off if you can fill and paint.

The woodworm killer I used had a small tip that was inserted into the holes and just squirted into them, it soaks through the wood.

So the work involved is as much as you wish to do. I would fill and forget.

Reply to
EricP