Reinforced concrete garage door pillar?

I own an end garage in a block, pre fabricated concrete with a pebble finish, I think by Marley, and at least 50 years old. The side pillar, which supports the door lintel and roof, is starting to crumble and the reinforcing rods are showing (and rusting). I suspect it's a combination of frost damage and the odd "nudge" with the car over the years. Does anyone know of someone, preferabley in the mid Herts area, who could make/supply a new pillar (I'm quite happy fitting it myself - but think that making one is a bit beyond me)? If all else fails I'll make something in timber just to hold things up - then move house!! Thanks, David.

Reply to
DavidM

I have timber corners on my garage, they have been there 15 years or so. I used 4 by 4 treated timber, and painted it with exterior masonry paint, long coach bolts hold it together.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Not a good reason to move house, professional (robbers) fees would cost you ten times the cost of repairs.

Reply to
Stickems.