DIY conservatory

I am planning to build a DIY synseal/shield conservatory as supplied by U-fit.co.uk. Since I haven't tried any ambitious projects like this before I would appreciate any advice anyone may have to offer.

Has anyone tried building one of these... what sort of timespan should I plan on? (most of the work will be on my own, but I'll obviously need help with the roof.

DOes anyone know where I can find a guide on installing lead flashing. Is this easy to do. DO I need any special equipement.

The base was already built, and I believe there is a damp-proof membrane, but after reading about liquid damp proofing in these groups, I was thinking of putting this on, as an addional measure.

the existing base is concrete, surrounded by a singe layer of brick. This has some minor irregualrities... I was thinking of using a thermal insualting underlay, and laying laminate over this: does this seem reasonable.

thanks

kind regards Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Ella