Gully drain under conservatory

Am about to install a new conservatory, using one of those steel base systems for the base.

In one corner of the conservatory will be a gully drain. This is the drain for the kitchen sink/dishwasher/etc

I don't particularly want an open drain under the conservatory, so I was considering removing the gully drain and converting it to an unvented mini soil stack (perhaps in 50mm pipe).

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions ?

Thanks

Reply to
jason

For mine I got the frame fabricated to go around gully, left floor open around gully then boxed in with mdf sealing all edges of boxing with draught excluder. There is enough ventilation under the frame to air the drain.

Reply to
David

I have spec'd an unvented mini-soil stack under my sink in my extension plans, and it was passed by building control. It is a standard diameter stack though, and will be used to drain the sink and empty the garbage disposal unit, which are notorious for blocking up. So the principle is OK. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I believe the correct term is "stub stack" which can be unvented if less that a couple of metres above the drain. Other archived posts refer to this. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson