DIY CNC router

This is a project that has a number of appeals - woodwork, metalwork, electrical, electronic and computing - and a toy to play with at the end.

I'm at the interest and lack of knowledge stage at the moment. Can anyone point me in the direction of a web tutorial on stepper motors please, and then a forum on CNC stuff, preferably UK based.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Here is a link to a complete set of tutorials that take you through the building of a CNC router.

out the tutorials along the left edge of the main site.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

You might be able to find help and people with similar interests at a "hacklab" or "hackspace", if there's one local to you. Google would probably turn out to be your friend...

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

CNC Zone

neil