DIY camera-on-a-stick

tool catalogues sell a camera on a stick for poking into places the sun don't shine (like box sections on cars to check for rust etc...well at least that's what I'll be using it for...honest!) i was thinking about using a b&w security camera and a small bulb taped to a bendy piece of metal rod. anyone got any better ideas?

Steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Webcam on a stick( + bulb) can be cheaper. Usefull performance from only about 8 quid. Really tiny webcams can be gotten.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I once tried this idea using a very cheap, small security camera. It needed no extra light because it came with infra-red LEDs fitted for night use. The main problem was that it was out of focus for very close objects (less than a foot away) which makes it unsuitable for your intended use. It may work with one of those "pinhole" type cameras that don't have a lens - but I have never tried it.

Dave

Reply to
logized

Most cheap cams I've seen have lenses that can be adjusted, although some are glued after factory adjustment

Reply to
Mike Harrison

I visited Japan about 9 months ago.

On anAll Nippon Airways (ANA) internal flight the in flight magazine has the most amazing gadgets.

One of these was an endosscope for inspecting your own ears.

About 40cm long it had a viewing eyepiece, a "coherent fibre" bundle going to a lens *with illumination*, and a little hooky thing for removing ear wax.

Fantastic gadget, but unfortunately I was not there long enough to get delivery (Japanese address only).

Since that day my life has been incomplete.

Vortex

Just stick the lens from a cheap magnifying glass or reading glasses in front of the camera to make it myopic :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley