Decent cordless phone?

I have a Philips that is playing up, but i am not very happy with it anyway, as when you press a button it takes a second to respond, which is very frustrating. i bought a BT cordless for work last year, and im not impressed that either as it is not very user friendly and you need to constantly refer to the manual to program numbers in etc. Can anyone recommend a decent cordless phone?

Steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Sagan - but again you'll either love it or loathe it's French way of doing things.

Reply to
Mike

Sorry - meant Sagem

Reply to
Mike

In message , Mike wrote

The OP probably already hates it. Many of the BT branded phones are Sagem!

Reply to
Alan

I picked up a twin pack of DECT cordless phones with answer phone at Makro the other day for about 34+VAT. They were NTL branded. Not the most aesthetically attractive handsets, but they do seem to work well and are easy to use. They also have some nice touches like headset socket, speaker phone capability. One slight anomaly is that the two handsets are subtly different, the "main" one being the only one that can drive the answer phone (since it is actually built into that handset!). Good control of ringer volume and tone, paging, intercom etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

On a more general note (still OT though !)

I've got a BT digital cordless which, in my naive way, I thought should give a crystal clear signal. However, when using it I've found that the sound quality, compared to a bog standard corded phone, is much worse. The sound is a little fuzzy and difficult to hear, even with the volume cranked up as high as it will go.

Am I expecting too much or have I got a duff phone ?

Cheers,

John

Reply to
John Anderton

I've got a selection of DECT phones and one analogue, and they all sound fine to me. The difference is the analogue one sounds woolly at 'the other end'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have been consistently happy with the performance of the BT Diverse range (made by Siemens), two models over 8 years.

Paul R

Reply to
Paul R

Sounds like I've got a duff one then because it's definitely not as clear as the analogue

Cheers,

John

Reply to
John Anderton

In message , John Anderton wrote

Possibly a duff phone. All my BT (Sagem) DECT phones gives the same, if not slightly better, sound quality as the corded phone I have.

Are you sure that you purchased a 'digital' cordless? There are still a lot of non-digital phones on sale at the lower to mid price end of the market.

Reply to
Alan

I'm very happy with the Panasonic DECT phones I have - the only mildly disconceting feature is the pause between pre-dialling a number and pressing the 'Dial' button.

Reply to
Ragworm The Abominable

Ragworm The Abominable brought next idea :

The 2 or 3 second delay has been a 'feature' of all of the DECT phones we have had, you get used to it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Duff phone I would guess... most proper DECT phones sound pretty clear. I did have an old Audioline phone that was not DECT, but boasted "digiclear" circuitry... now that was pants.

Reply to
John Rumm

on 19/02/2005, John Anderton supposed :

Having had several of each... I find the digital ones to be generally better, but much depends on the quality of the audio circuits of both types of phone. Other than this the digital ones have a much better range with no deteriaoration even at extreme range. They either work perfectly or not at all. The analogue ones gradually deteriorate the further you go from the base.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield