dismantling Meynell Virtuoso bath/shower mixer

After much levering and cursing I've prised the knob off the thermostatic part of this damned mixer but I can't unscrew the control head assembly from the body of the mixer. I'm about to take the thing off the bath so I can get it in the vice and use a big lever on the spanner. Is it a left hand thread?
Dave