Who makes this model of thermostatic bath shower mixer?

Friends! Anyone know who makes/made this type of thermostatic bath shower mixer? The thermostatic knob has broken because the gubbins are seized. No indication on any part behind or in front, inside or outside.

Ed Sirett

was pointed to

who were helpful and tried a few manufacturers on my behalf (unsuccessfully as it turned out). There's also a plumber's merchant not far from you on Hornsey High Street - can't remember the name - who were also helpful (and also unsuccessful). Ended up having to buy a whole new shower...

Reply to
rrh

This looks close..

A lot of googling didn't turn up anything closer

My guess is it's a standard mechanism fronted by some hugely overpriced designer ditz, and what you need to to is remove the whole thing, blank off the pipes, and start visiting showrooms. Chances are you will get complete replacement guts and be able to re-use the fancy bits.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They'd be THL in Hornsey High Street - who inded may well have supplied it originally.

The shower is not the problem it's the whole new wall that is. The unit is set into the outside wall (must have taken away half the bricks to do this) and then set for the duration with mortar, tile adhesive and tiles.

I'll print off the picture and tout it around. TA.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Alas one of the fancy handles has sheared off. Not by me (phew!).

You are almost certainly right. I'm half expecting the guts to come out and be standard kit. More often as not they are held in left handed so I'm ready for that one.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thank you so much. It really is the same model right down to the position of the chrome domes, the etched numbers for the temperature knob etc.etc.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

That was lucky then.

Good luck. Bastard things, shower mixers.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher