Dishwasher won't

I have a Bosch slimline dishwasher, rather old, which has stopped working. It tries to start a cycle, but no water seems to go in and the timer dial stops going round at the first click. I tried filling it with water using a saucepan and still the dial din't move round. Then when I moved it manually, it eventaully started washing, and a bit further round, it drained. Is this likely to be fixable?

I've put a picture up

pointing out what looks to be collections of gunk or scale; could these be the problem? If so, how to get rid of it?

Many thanks

John

Reply to
JK

If the controller fails to advance, but it does evey operation if its advanced by hand, youve most likely got a bad controller. There will be a small motor on the back of it, and it will have an internal set of contacts that makes the motor wait till its filled, heated, etc. Those would be your 2 main suspects.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

A repairman told me some years ago, when my dishwasher failed to "move along" and finish the program, or took an eternity to finish, that an inadequate amount of water caused by scale was the problem. If the machine isn't getting the amount of water is requires, it won't get on with it. Don't know if this is true; it's just what he said. After he de-scaled, it worked like a charm.

Reply to
MB