Asko dishwasher blues...

OK, bought a house that has a 5 year old Asko 1475 dishwasher in it. It worked for a couple of months, then it quit filling after the first fill of a cycle.

Basically, it will fill the first time a water fill is called for (at the start of a cycle), but for the rest of the fills nothing happens. The rest of the cycle work perfectly... so if I fill it manually (with a water pitcher) each time it needs water, it does a good job washing dishes.

A local repair company has worked on it twice now, over a two month period. Both times they replaced the controller board, and both times it continues to do the same thing. If you put a voltmeter on the fill valve, it show

110v when filling and it's working, but only about 50v when it's filling but not working. Supposedly the controller board has a relay that sends voltage to the fill valve, so the lower voltage makes no sense. So far, the repair tech and the home warranty company refuse to try replacing the fill valve itself, because it "just doesn't make sense".

It seems to me that the fill valve gets hot during the first fill, and then maybe it pulls too much current and the controller board shuts it down with a protection circuit. The tech says he's never seen that in 12 years. His next step is to replace the level and pressure switches. He says they aren't in parallel with the fill switch, but that's what he was told to do.

Does anyone have any helpful advice, other than trashing it and buying a new dishwasher that actually has readable schematics and easy parts availability?

J.

Reply to
Jack Goff

I trashed my 6 year old Asko after it broke 4 times in 6 years. 4 different things broke on it so I figured it was one big disaster. Bought a 3 level Maytag which is not quite as quiet. Check Consumer Reports at the library for recommendations. My parents got a Bosch which is quieter than the Asko but I don't like the loading features of the top rack.

Reply to
Arthur Begun