dishwasher salt and powder

Hello,
I was catching up on all the posts here about dishwashers. I see that
people recommended buying powder and salt in bulk.
Please can you tell me where you buy the salt from?
Some people mentioned buying 10kg tubs of powder but by my
calculations this works out more expensive than 3kg bottles from
tescos. Have I made a mistake?
Thanks.
Reply to
Fred
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:47:50 UTC, Fred wrote:
10kg is 17.76 plus VAT, where I get it. Good quality industrial stuff so I use quite a bit less of it.
I get the salt in bulk from Costco.
Reply to
Bob Eager
That's still quite expensive, considering salt is mined virually for free... ;-)
Reply to
Rumble
I never said how much I paid for the salt...think it was about 6.50 for 8kg though.
Better and cheaper than the silly tablets IMO.
Reply to
Bob Eager
OK, my bad. I didn't read the OP properly. I thought you were paying £17.76 for 10kg of salt...
Cheers.
Reply to
Rumble
You can buy 25kg bags from garden centres and similar places for about that price. However, you then have to find a home for it because the dishwasher doesn't use salt at any significant rate.
Reply to
Andy Hall
In article , Rumble writes:
I've seen large bags in Costco and B&Q for water softners, dishwashers, etc, but didn't note the price. IIRC, B&Q had 10kg and 25kg bags.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
Exactly. We can just about store the 8kg consignment in a convenient place (next to the dishwasher), together with one tub of powder.
Reply to
Bob Eager
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:20:53 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew
The price I gave for salt was actually the Costco one.
Reply to
Bob Eager

Site Timeline Threads