Dishwasher hose required

Hi Folks, Our dishwasher started leaking water a week or two ago, hence I hauled it out to the garage and started to dismantle it to find the fault. I cleaned out the (suspected) pipe up to the water-level switch, as well as unclipping other hoses and cleaning out as much as I could get to.

Trouble is, when I replaced everything there was a leak at the joint from the main water pump to the channel that goes up the side of the machine to the top spray arm. The offending area was a little bit of black hose about six inches long (with a bend in the middle) whose inside diameter is 28mm and the wall thickness of this black rubber hose is 4mm. Since I've reseated those compressible spring clips a few times with little success I found a proper jubilee clip and used that instead. All went fine until last night: drip, drip from under the machine.

Haul it out again, take it to the garage, look for the leak... bingo: same hose, same joint. But now when I dismantle it the inside rough edge of the jubilee clip has worn its way through the 4mm hose... aaaaargh!

So now I am in the market for a length of rubber hose about 150mm long, 4mm wall thickness (which might be overkill but again it might be absolutely required) and 28mm inside diameter.

Any help appreciated for a source of said hose; any good spares places out there that Google hasn't found for me?

Thanks in advance

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo Henning

Could this sort of thing be acquired from the likes of Halfords? There are all sorts of hoses under a car bonnet which are help on by clips and perhaps they can sell you a length of some standard size hose?

PoP

Reply to
PoP

hauled it

thickness of

bingo: same

The 4mm thickness will be for a reason, usually to give strength, and stop the hose either collapsing under suction pressure, or bursting under pump pressure. Get the right hose for the job from the manufacturers.

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

Hi, since you're becoming so adept at taking the dishwasher apart, why not try your local recycling centre for a similar model of dishwasher and take a similar looking hose, would a washing machine have something similar, such as the rubber waste pipe.

Glenn

Reply to
RatBox