Disconnecting gas cooker

Thats the way for the "female" bayonet which is commonest but there is a "male" bayonet somewhat smaller and the cap I meant is for that type. All that would be needed for this type is to put it on the projecting bayonet to close it off. A leak test would of course be advisable.

For the old female type you are of course correct.

Reply to
John

... and you'd need a plug not a cap after removing the fitting.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Once you unscrew the fitting - that constitutes 'Gas Work' as far as the law goes. That means as we all know you have to be competent. Fortunately the work is not subject to building control (yet). 8-)

Reply to
Ed Sirett

They're fine so long as they don't have a foil lid on them.

And not putting a spoon into anything that you've just boiled in the microwave.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq