Dimmable Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs/Lamps (CFLs) *do* exist

Hi all,
contrary to general opinion, dimmable CFLs do exist. The trouble is, I've only seen reference to them on the USA market. A few web-links shows their existence:
TCPI 'SpringLamps' at <http://www.tcpi.com/index.php
if you look at the (pdf) product catalog (sic) you'll see them at the bottom right of the page:
<http://www.tcpi.com/admin/attachments/pg.5_Springlamp.pdf
Also GreenLite USA <http://www.greenliteusa.com/
<http://www.greenliteusa.com/products/dimmable.asp
it costs $13.28 at the US Amazon.
The USA Dept. of Energy have a neat website that shows 29 dimmable CFLs.
Go here: <http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=cfls.advanced_cfl_search>, tick the 'Dimmable' box, then the 'Find CFLs' button to see the results.
And finally, a bit old, but there is also:
<http://www.buildinggreen.com/auth/article.cfm?fileName=070209a.xml
"Philips Lighting introduced the Earth Light® Dimmable CFL in 1997"
Now all of these are US products, which won't work on UK voltage, and I'm aware this is uk.d-i-y. Short of using a step down transformer on the lighting circuit and sourcing all the lamps/bulbs from the USA (what would Part 'P' have to say about that I wonder), has anyone come across dimmable CFLs for UK/European use?
Sid
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

Yep, I've seem someone else mention that the circuit used "over there" is only suitable for 120V and not easily modified for 240V, which struck me as strange, but just goes to prove why I ended up making a living out of computers instead of electronics ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
     snipped-for-privacy@mail.com writes:

Yours?
as has been mentioned here several times.

Dimming electronic control gear is available for CFLs without integral control gear, but make sure you are sitting down when you find out the price...
--
Andrew Gabriel

Add pictures here
✖
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Er - no. I was just driven to pointing out they do exist by the answers in the thread in this newsgroup titled "Dimmable Halogen Lighting". I was (and am) aware that they exist, but apparently not available as simple plug-in replacements for standard bayonet lamps in the UK. Sorry if I have overgeneralised from a few particulars. Sloppy thinking on my part.

Well, apologies for the redundant message.

I'd be interested to know where from, and yes, I am sitting down. I'm aware (but not familiar) with dimmable fluorescents used in offices, but 'all' I'm after (along with several other enquirers, it seems) is a simple replacement for bayonet mount tungsten lamps that can be controlled by standard 'wallswitch' dimmers. As I pointed out in the original post, they are available in the USA, so it seems odd they are not easily/generally available over here. I'd be very happy to be demonstrated to be completely wrong, however, and all I need to do is wander over to my local 'shed'.
Sid
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote: <snip>

You _could_ just use 110V bulbs, on a 110V circuit, with 110V dimmers.
Add pictures here
✖

Yes. Megaman have just brought them out. See http://www.megamanuk.com/newsroom/index.php?new_prod_id 4
Pen
Add pictures here
✖

Hmm, distinct lack of price!
--
Skipweasel
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
pen wrote:

Unfortunately, it's not dimmable as such - it simply has 4 pre-set levels of brightness. While this may well be adequate for many purposes, it's not continuously variable.
Thanks for pointing out that it exists, 'though.
Regards,
Sid
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

It's not very clear if it does this when attached to a conventional dimmer.
Add pictures here
✖