digging spike - where can I get one

Have you tried an ex army surplus store.

Reply to
keith_765

But the bar is considerably heavier than a big sledge hammer - just pounding the rock with the bar should be more effective.

Reply to
Rob Morley

pounding the rock with the bar should be more effective.

Sorry, it isn't - I tried it!. Kinetic energy considerations?

CRB

Reply to
crb

Sounds like one of the driveall tools, I've only used the post bumper and bead breaker but they're hard work.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

In message , crb writes

Farm use is generally for creating fencing post holes in relatively soft ground. As the sledge is to hand, a few whacks will bypass an inconvenient flint. Eye protection is rarely worn in these circumstances so grinding back the mushroom head is a sensible precaution.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb