Where can I buy those small butterfly catches?

Hi,

You know those small metal butterfly catches that you use to hold a shed door shut, about inch and a half to 2 inches long with a screw hole in the middle, I have looked in all the high street diy places and can't find them. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Pedro Popadopolous

These things?

sure B&Q sell them too.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Take any bit of scrap you have in your 'will come in useful one day' box(es), drill a hole in the middle, countersink it if you're feeling flash.

If you insist on spending money, add partnum 14197 to your next Screwfix order - 1.80 for 10, or 15.99 for 100 in case you want to give one to everyone on the allotment ;-) Or try a non-high-street-diy-place - a Local DIY Shoppe for Local People, or 'ironmongers' as they're quaintly known, maybe with the incantation 'turn button catch' (and a piccie from the Sfix website ;-).

HTH - Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

You star

I did check screwfix but not really knowing what they were called didn't help. I did also check my local B&Q and they had none :-(

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Pedro Popadopolous

Hi Paul

I bought one in my local B&Q about 2 weeks ago. Trouble is the hardware section is usually such a mess you have to root around to find anything. Homebase are tidier!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

I tried to look and then made the fatal mistake of asking a Sunday Boy :-(

Thanks for all the help

Reply to
Pedro Popadopolous

I think you mean a turnbutton. An ironmonger or similar.

Reply to
Chris Bacon