Dent in parquet floor

A heavy (and sharp) object fell on our parquet floor, leaving a fairly large dent. What is the best way to fill this and generally make it invisible?

Any and all suggestions gratefully received.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

On Tuesday 09 April 2013 19:37 Timothy Murphy wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Google for "damp paper and iron" - seem to recall damp heat can help with wood dents. What's the finish?

Reply to
Tim Watts

A mat or an umbrella stand.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Wet paper, iron.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Cover it with carpet.

Reply to
Huge

The wood tends to char when your pour the iron.

Reply to
polygonum

On Tuesday 09 April 2013 22:10 polygonum wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Dent will be gone...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I think that steaming works best on shallow, rounded dents while the OP mentioned a sharp object.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

yes. plastic wood is not the worst thing - Ive used a darkish one. Or get a bit of near match oak and fettle it in.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cut the bit out with a multi tool and replace it.

Reply to
F Murtz