Decent Timber Supplier near Biggin Hill/Bromley?

Folks, does anyone know of a supplier of decent timber within reasonable travelling distance of Biggin Hill/Bromley (SE London - NW Kent depending on who you speak with )

What do I mean by decent timber? Hardwoods for furniture making, there's plenty of local folks who supply softwoods treated/untreated in all shapes and sizes but it's specifically hardwoods I'm looking for. Somewhere where I can walk in and take a look at the stock.

As an aside to put my request into context I've been making furniture items out of softwood for yonks, it's about time I stepped up my game a little and I'm thinking of making a feature piece for the living room.

As usual TIA

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Chris, Have you tried Bexley Hardwoods in Bexley High Street?

Regards

John Storey

Reply to
basura

basura wrote in news:iq1n40$kc4$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

I hadn't no, hardly ever go that way but I will now, many thanks.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

SL Hardwoods:

connection except as a satisfied mail order customer

Reply to
Mark Spice

"Mark Spice" wrote in news:iq1qed$nmp$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

located in Tait Road, Croydon - just 5 minutes walk from Selhurst Train station"

Closer even than Bexley.

I'm spoilt for choice, cheers!

Reply to
Chris Wilson