Timber Supplier

Hi All I'm looking for a timber merchant around the Reading area for a small project. Mostly 8' lengths of 2"x2", 2"x3" and 2"x4" (about 50 lengths in total). We have a Wickes and B&Q but surely there must be something better (cheaper). An online presence would be good so I can have a quick price check before Monday. Is timberclick.com a good a good portal to a local supplier? Ta.

Reply to
Grumps

Round here, we have: Travis Perkins, Champion, Chandlers, Alsford.

Reply to
charles

Maybe too far and I have no idea about current prices, but you could try:

polygonum

In my experience it is delivered by Travis Perkins, but at a vastly lower price than you'd have to pay them. Quality is certainly better than Wickes and B&Q.

Reply to
Cod Roe

On Saturday 14 September 2013 22:45 Grumps wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Tim Watts

Thanks. I forgot about TP who are just down the road.

Reply to
Grumps

Thanks. We appear to be in their area so will check them out.

Reply to
Grumps

A better price than Wickes too. Bookmarked, thanks.

Reply to
Grumps

Ta for the link.

Reply to
Grumps

Dad used to use Woods Yard, Walthan St Lawence, many years ago. A google search doesn't turn up much, except they used to have

which no longer exists, which doesn't bode well, but you could try the number 0118 934 3676.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Go to Jewsons ... they can give a good price, need to be convinced how much discount to apply but they have a large room to manoeuvre

Reply to
Rick Hughes